back to collection
Search gallery:

West Park Asylum (23 images)

Created 24 Jun 2010.  
View: 24 | All
To see photos at their largest size, select "slideshow" (top right) & "enter full screen mode" (bottom right of photographs)

The psychiatric hospital was designed by William C Clifford-Smith (architect to the London County Council), and was mostly completed by 1917, but opening of the hospital was postponed by WW1 until 1923.

By 2003 most of the hospital was closed and derelict, although parts of it are still used today for psychiatric treatment.
View: 24 | All